In this photograph, there is a collage of pictures of women from the different groups of the Pacific Islands. The colors that were used in this piece were black, white, gray, and red. I used red color on my text and the white boarder to pop them out of the picture, but still focus on the main subject of my issue. While creating my social issue, my message is to show everyone that not all Pacific Islanders are the same or alike; we all have a different culture. I ask in the picture if you can tell the difference between us Pacific Islanders by putting together a group of women and their traditional costumes from around the Pacific onto a photo. I have the Samoan women in the center and bigger than all the other picture because I’m half Samoan, and sometimes it’s an issue to me. The reason why it’s an issue to me is because when I tell people that I’m Samoan, and the first thing they ask me is, “Oh! Isn’t that Hawaiian?” and I would tell them no and try to explain the difference between Hawaiians and Samoans. Even though it may not seem a big deal to other people that all Pacific Islanders are different, they should understand the fact that we’re not the same and learn the difference between the Pacific Islanders.
1 comment:
I like what you are trying to say- but I think your statement needs work. Your collage of images is strong and well done, but the statement itself is difficult to read.
Post a Comment